Your human ecology academic advisor strives for a high impact, relationship-based student experience to promote a sense of belonging, well-being, and academic success.
Why should I meet with an academic advisor?
- Learn how to get into a human ecology major
- Set your academic goals
- Course selection
- Connect major to interests
- Interpret University and School of Human Ecology rules, regulations, and procedures
- Explore campus opportunities
- Discuss any challenges and difficulties
- Identify campus resources
- Form a relationship and get answers to your questions!
Connect with your academic advisor
Schedule an appointment
School of Human Ecology advisors are available for questions and appointments via email, video chat, and phone. Continue to schedule regular appointments using the online Starfish tool in your MyUW portal or by emailing the office directly.
Appointment hours Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. CST
Prepare for an advising appointment
Schedule a drop-in advising session
We offer drop-in advising in person, video chat, and phone:
- Wednesdays 10 a.m.–noon CST
- Thursdays 1–3 p.m. CST
The SoHE Drop-In Advising Form will open 10-15 minutes before each drop-in session begins, and it will close at the end of the session.
If you are unable to access Google/Google Forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your Campus ID and if you would like to receive Academic or Career advising. Your information will be promptly added to the drop-in queue and you will be contacted by an advisor in Microsoft Teams when they are available to meet.