When am I eligible to officially declare a major in SoHE and what is the process?

UW–Madison students with more than 60 earned credits toward their cumulative GPA and a cumulative GPA below 2.75 must complete the Online Major Application to apply to the following SoHE majors. The application opens at the beginning of the Fall and Spring semesters.

First-semester transfer students, and students with fewer than 60 earned GPA credits, a minimal 2.75 cumulative GPA, and not on academic probation in their school/college may declare a SoHE major using the SoHE Major Declaration Form. These students are not required to complete the Online Major Application.